|To Do List (Short Version)|
- Create your Gmail Account.
- Create a Blog by going to http://blogger.com/ or clicking the 'Google Matrix/More/Blogger' from your Gmail menu. Blogger Guide here. Create your first blog post about anything you like. Add your Blog URL to the TTP Account Info Doc
To see some examples of what you can do with a 'Blogger' blog check out the ones below.
From former TTP Trainees
Humming English, Nayoung's English, Jackie's Ideabox, Claire's English Playground, SmartLearning, Undertaker's English, Happy English w/Xena
- To experiment with your new blog, try
- posting a photo
- posting a video
- adding 'gadgets' to the side of your blog
- Create an account at https://diigo.com Register here. Step by step Diigo Guide here. Make sure to Join the Learning Call Group . Diigo is a social bookmarking tool that allows you to bookmark sites from any computer, share those links with others, and tune in to other peoples' links.
After you've registered, try bookmarking at least three sites. Sample the Buffet! Go to the Websites page and explore some of the CALL related websites . For a Korean-friendly look at some great CALL sites and tools, you can check out 오정훈 's site: http://www.ismartedu.net/ You can also look through some of the skills guides listed in the left side column. Try to bookmark anything interesting using Diigo.
Add your Diigo Profile URL to the TTP Account Info Doc
- Create an account at Quizlet.com. You can use your gmail address if desired.
Join the BUFS TTP Quizlet Class AND the TTP2017 Class. You can explore some of the quizlets there from past cohorts of TTP and browse through millions of other Quizlet sets.
Quizlet App here.
Extra Special Super Important Very Fun Week#1 Assignment Post a 1~5 minute INTRODUCTION VIDEO to the your the TTP Whole Group BAND
You can take a ‘selfie video’ with your phone or get help from a friend. Be as creative as you like! (e.g. give a tour of your home, take us out with you on Friday night, sing your favorite song, etc.) If you have any problems uploading the video to the Band, email the file to Jeff at email@example.com
(Optional) This course is conducted as a type of 'Flipped Classroom' and integrates elements of 'SOLE' (Self-Organized Learning Environments). The materials below this will provide you with some background information about these approaches.
Sugata Mitra - SOLE (Self Organized Learning Environment)
Quoting Arthur C Clarke
- Any teacher that can be replaced by a machine should be!
- If children have interests then education happens.
- Ted Talks: School in the Cloud Child-driven Education Kids can teach themselves
- IATEFL Plenary (April 2014)
The Flipped Classroom is a form of blended learning which encompasses any use of technology to leverage the learning in a classroom, so a teacher can spend more time interacting with students instead of lecturing. This is most commonly being done using teacher-created videos that students view outside of class time.
거꾸로교실 플립러닝 Flipped Learning KBS
PD Journal: 아이들이 즐거워지는 혁명, ‘거꾸로 교실’
Let's use Video to Reinvent Education
More about Khan Analytics (starts at 1:10)
Interview with Salman Khan
About Flipped Classroom
The Flipped Classroom Project
Teachers "Doing The Flip" To Help Students Become Learnershttp://www.thedailyriff.com/articles/teachers-doing-the-flip-to-help-students-become-learners-531.php