The goal of the first week is to get oriented to the course, acquainted with each other, and get set up with some of the accounts and tools we'll be using (and to grab your first plate of goodies from the buffet).
Week#1 To Do Checklist (Please complete everything on this checklist by March 9) See below for details and links
- Create a Gmail address
- Add Jeff to your Google+ circles
- Make sure the Google Hangout plugin is installed on your Chrome browser.
- Join the Learning Call Google Community
- Create a blogger blog.
- Create a Diigo Account & join the Diigo Learning Call group.
- Take a look at the CALL Buffet of Websites and use Diigo to bookmark at least three sites.
- Add Jeff as a Kakao contact.
- Complete the Entrance Survey and Session Preference Form
Week#1 Tasks (Detailed)
- Please use Chrome (not MSIE) for these tasks. It will make life easier. If you don't already have it installed, you can download it at http://google.com/chrome
- Go to gmail.com and Create a gmail account if you don't already have one. (this ID will be used for public posting. If you want to remain anonymous online, please choose a pseudonym - don't use your real name as an ID).
PLEEEEEEEAAAAASSSSEEEEE, REMEMBER YOUR ID & PASSWORD!
- To update your Google+ Profile, go to http://plus.google.com and click 'Profile/About/Edit Profile'.
- Go to Jeff's Google+ Page and add him to your 'circles'.
- Join the LearningCall Google Community
- Make sure the Google Hangout plugin is installed in your Chrome browser by going to http://www.google.com/hangouts/
- Create a Blog by going to http://blogger.com/ or clicking the 'Google Matrix/More/Blogger' from your Gmail menu. Students who have created blogs for previous courses with me are welcome to use those again.
Blogger Guide here. Create your first blog post about anything you like. To see some examples of what you can do with a 'Blogger' blog check out the ones below.From former TTP TrainnesTo experiment with your new blog, try
SmartLearning, Humming English, Happy English w/Xena, Nayoung's English
Collablogatorium (by Carla Arena - CALL practitioner extraordinaire)
ESLTeacher in Korea (University instructor in Busan)
LearningCall.net (this site)
- posting a photo
- posting a video
- adding 'gadgets' to the side of your blog
- Create an account at Diigo.com Register here. Step by step Diigo Guide here. After you've registered, try bookmarking at least three sites. Diigo allows you to bookmark sites from any computer, share those links with others, and tune in to other peoples' links.Sample the Buffet! Go to the Websites page and explore some of the CALL related websites or look through some of the skills guides listed in the left side column. Try to bookmark anything interesting using Diigo.
- (*attendance task*) Once you have created your blog and Diigo account, complete the Entrance Survey and Session Preference Form.
- Add Jeff as a Kakao contact His ID is: jefflebow This will enable me to create Kakao group chat for the class.