- Audio Guide - lots of 'comprehensible input' options and how to record and edit audio files
- Presentations - alternatives to Powerpoint (Prezi & Voicethread) and online sharing/posting of presentations
- Mapping Tools - create customized maps, post them on your site
- Graphic Organizers and Mind Mapping - find templates or make your own
- Site Building Tools - Other ways to create a blog, website, or Wordle
- Google Photos (Picasa) - lots of space to post and selectively share photos, easy to upload from your smart phone
- Copyright & Fair Use - find sources of 'open' photos, clipart, music, and other media
- English Central Guide - great site for 'extensive listening', vocabulary development, and speaking practice.
- Make sure you have enrolled in the 5+1 English Central Course Page
- By the end of this week, please create a short post on your blog
- reflecting on which CALL tools, skills, and, resources might be useful to you in the future teaching and learning
- which CALL tools, skills, and resources you'd like to learn more about
- If desired, set up email forwarding so that your Gmail will be forwarded to your regular email (hanmail, naver, etc.)
- If you like, join the 5+1 Facebook Group
New Tasks to Try
- Upload a photo to your Google Photo space
- Download a presentation from Slideshare or embed one on your blog
- Post a text, audio, or Voicethread comment on Jeff's TTP Voicethread
- Create a VoiceThread and post it on your blog
- Create a Prezi and post it on your blog
- Record and edit a piece of audio as an mp3 file and post it on your blog
- Add a placemark to a Google Map
- Embed a Google Map on your blog
- Record and edit an audio file and save it (export it) as an mp3 file
Can you remember how to....
- Make text in your browser window larger or smaller?
- Look through your classmates blog posts in Google Reader?
- Bookmark a site and share it with the Learning Call Diigo Group?
- Create a Google Presentation and post it on your blog?
- Create your own Jeopardy Game?
- Create a quiz with ProProfs?
- Challenge Jeff to a game of Words with Friends?
- Post to the 5+1 Facebook Group?
- Create a survey with Google Doc Form and post it on your blog?
- Download a video file from YouTube? Edit video with Windows Movie Maker and post it on your blog and/or YouTube?
- 'Hangout' with a classmate? Stream it live and record it on YouTube?